AIR-MET SCIENTIFIC DEREK MILLER AWARD
THE AIR-MET SCIENTIFIC DEREK MILLER AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO THE ASBESTOS INDUSTRY
This award has been established to honour a FAMANZ member that has made an outstanding contribution to the field of asbestos. Members nominated for this award can be recognised for voluntary work, mentoring, technical development, promoting best practise in the field and leadership.
This award commemorates the contribution to the field of asbestos and health and safety given by founding FAMANZ member Derek Miller.
- Registration to an international asbestos conference of choice:
- BOHS FAAM; or
- Asbestonomy, or
- the European Asbestos Forum
which is held prior to 1 March 2024.
- Flights (economy), accommodation for the duration of the conference, and transfers to and from the airport/s.
- The applicant must fill in the application form and before 28 February 2023
- The applicant must have read the Terms and Conditions of entry
- More than 7 years contribution to the field of asbestos
- Is a Technical or Full member of FAMANZ
Terms and Conditions
The applicant agrees that FAMANZ may use their name, and the name of their nomination, and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the awards, including but not limited to publication of their name, and the name of their nomination. The winner (and their representatives and personnel) may be required to and agree to take part in reasonable publicity events in connection with the award.
The successful applicant will have to:
- Arrange leave of absence with their employer.
- Arrange travel insurance at their own discretion and expense.
- Provide all invoices relating to the travel, accommodation and conference attendance (within the specified budget) two months after finalising your travel arrangements. Any late invoices will not be reimbursed. Within six weeks of returning from the Conference, submit an article which will be considered for publication on the FAMANZ website and newsletter. The article should describe the professional aspects of the trip and the benefits gained from it.
- At all times for the duration of the award, conduct themselves in a manner befitting a professional occupational hygienist and a representative of FAMANZ.
- Be potentially photographed and filmed during the presentation event for publication.
- Present a short (5-10 minute) presentation regarding the trip at the 2024 FAMANZ Conference.
Air-Met Scientific Derek Miller Award
The award form is the record of the application for Air-Met Scientific Derek Miller FAMANZ Award.
By submitting it, you are consenting to:
- share the information that you include in the form; and
- confirm that you have contacted the nominee and have their consent to share information you provide in it, if you are nominating someone else; and
- confirm that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions.
The following criteria should be considered when completing the award application
- Promotion, development or assistance in the implementation of best practise or innovative advances in the field of asbestos
- Shown significant impact in leadership or mentoring within the field of asbestos
- Undertakes voluntary work in the community to promote asbestos safety or assists with professional organisations or support groups
This information will be confidential to the FAMANZ board and administration team who manage the awards and determine the final winners of the award.
Proudly supported by:
Applications close: 28 February 2023
Award presentation ASBESTOS 2023: 21 March 2023
Enquires: [email protected]