FAMANZ provides a professional home for those practitioners providing services to the asbestos industry including: occupational hygienists, environmental consultants, asbestos removal contractors, building managers, Regulators (WHS and EPA), demolition contractors, C&D waste recycling industry, waste disposal industry, suppliers, and allied industries.
Key objectives of FAMANZ are to:
- advance industry knowledge and understanding of asbestos assessment, management, and remediation;
- improve the practice of asbestos assessment, management, and remediation and the knowledge, competence and standing of its practitioners;
- advance education and training in relation to asbestos assessment, management, and remediation;
- encourage and promote research into the assessment and management of asbestos and asbestos related diseases;
- disseminate information, knowledge and research findings relating to the assessment, management, and remediation of asbestos;
- promote the profession of asbestos assessment, management, and remediation; and
- represent the profession of asbestos assessment, management, and remediation nationally and internationally.
Unlock your asbestos business full potential
FAMANZ will work in conjunction with allied industry societies, regulators, government, and the community in Australia and New Zealand to raise the professional and ethical standards of professionals providing services to the asbestos management industry.
Our vision is to:
Minimise exposures to airborne respirable asbestos fibres for workers and the general public in Australia and New Zealand.
Pursue excellence for all those who practise in the asbestos assessment, management, and abatement professions;
Establish, develop and maintain standards of competence in asbestos assessment, management, and abatement for those who are members of FAMANZ
Act as the guardian of professional standards and ethics in the profession of asbestos assessment, management, and abatement.
Advancing Industry Knowledge
Improve the practice of asbestos assessment
Encourage and Promote Research
FAMANZ is proud to announce that Air-Met Scientific has become a Platinum sponsor. Please contact them for your asbestos and other monitoring requirements.
Air-Met Scientific | Leaders in the Supply, Service & Rental of OHS & Environmental Monitoring Equipment
Still proudly Australian owned and operated, Air-Met Scientific has been delivering reliable measurement and monitoring solutions to OHS and environmental professionals since 1984. Operating from 6 locations nationwide, Air-Met has grown into Australia’s market leader in the supply, service, rental and engineering of such solutions.
Underpinning our success is our core commitment to providing the highest level of customer service and support. This is reflected in all facets of our business; with the provision of 24/7 technical support, NATA accredited calibrations, financing options, as well as the sale, rental, repair and even custom engineering of equipment for unique environmental or measurement applications.
Our dedicated local support teams ensure our customers can work with confidence knowing they are equipped with the right instrumentation for their job. With offices located in most major cities, our highly qualified and experienced team members are uniquely equipped to get to your needs on a local level whilst also having access to the premier facilities and support systems of a national organisation.
Contact your local office today to discuss your monitoring requirements on 1800 000 744 or visit the Air-Met website.
Thuroona Services provide an industry point of difference in project management, safety and have a proven history in complex asbestos remediation projects
Thuroona Services has significant experience and capabilities in the clean-up and management of all types of asbestos ranging from contaminated sites through to the remediation of buildings where structure fires result in friable asbestos contaminating large areas, chemical spills and environmental incidents resulting from heavy vehicle accidents involving dangerous goods on road and rail.
Thuroona & our sister company Hazrad Australia routinely manage emergency incidents on behalf of major transport companies, manufacturers and the various government agencies such as Main Roads. We put the health and safety of our clients and the local community above all else
Thuroona Services is licenced for Class A/Unrestricted asbestos in all Australian jurisdiction’s and manage all aspects of asbestos removal
Chemsafety is an independent provider of occupational hygiene, hazardous substance management, analytical and environmental services to industry. Chemsafety was established in 1992 by Dr Michael Gray when the Health and Safety Act was brought in by the New Zealand Government and responsibility for workplace safety was privatised.
In 2013 & 2016 Michael brought in long term employees, Janet, Bridgette and Paul, into the business as Directors and Shareholders to ensure the Company had a succession plan and would survive long into the future.
The philosophy of Chemsafety is to take graduates with science degrees and give them the opportunity to build their practical experience through our in-house training programme where our Senior Consultants mentor our Consultants through a series of competency based assessments.
We also provide them with opportunities for career development through courses such as the British Occupational Hygiene Societies IP402 courses in asbestos surveying plus industry conferences in New Zealand and Australia.
Allens Industrial Products is an Industry Leader in the supply of Asbestos Removal Equipment and services small and large corporations Australia wide.
Our background as a well-established, privately owned and operated business (that originated over 40 years ago in Queensland and employs over 25 staff) has given us the opportunity to open this Asbestos Focused warehouse in Sydney, New South Wales.
The opening of our Sydney warehouse not only provides us with the opportunity to better service the southern states of Australia in terms of delivery times and costs, but also provides our southern customers access to professional equipment servicing, DOP testing and hiring of asbestos removal equipment.
We pride ourself on our focus and ability to provide old fashioned True Service to our customers. This number one service priority is supplied in unison with extremely competitive pricing and top quality products.
Allens Industrial firmly believes that no customer is too big, nor is any customer too small, and that all customers are equally important in the maintenance and growth of our company. This policy combined with hands-on, owner operation means that the promise of True Service is not just a slogan but a reality.
Training Momentum commenced operations in early 2020 providing a range of Nationally recognised training Qualifications and units.
Focus areas include:
- Asbestos Removal & Supervision
- Asbestos Assessor for Air Monitoring/Clearance Certification
- Demolition – Basic
- High Risk Tickets for Mobile Plant Operation
- High Risk Tickets for Construction, Mining and other heavy Industry work
- Work Health & Safety – Cert IV & Diploma
- WHS Safety Rep 5 Day Course (WorkSafe Approved) & Refresher training
- WHS specialist courses in : Duty of Care
- WHS requirements for Supervisor / Managers
- Hazard ID & Risk Assessment
- Incident Investigation
- Injury & Return to Work Managemen
- TAE Cert IV & Diploma – Train your Trainers
- Leadership CIV & Diploma
- Leadership techniques for Supervisor / Managers
We are able to conduct courses at our specialised Welshpool Training Centre or at your site including remote locations in most instances.Our aim is to consistently deliver high quality training that has attendees “work ready” on completion of their training, with minimal transition training required on the job.
We are able to achieve this by working closely with our major clients to replicate activities that closey simulate work environments wherever possible.
Our courses are delivered in Western Australia under Third-Party Agreements with
- Healthy Business Training Academy RTO 30831 https://hbta.edu.au,
- Safety and High Risk related training with All States Training RTO 2577 https://www.allstatestraining.qld.edu.au/
- Asbestos Training with Alert Force RTO 91826 https://www.alertforce.com.au/
Formed in October 2016, ARL Solutions is a privately owned company, offering expert asbestos removal services South Island wide. ARL Solutions specializes in highly complex or difficult asbestos removal projects, including asbestos removal projects in various types of properties:
- Asbestos in soil contamination removal and remediation
- Live buildings (occupied buildings)
- Private and public residential
- Commercial, including: factories, offices, retail facilities
- Education buildings (Ministry of Education)
- Hospital buildings (district health boards & Ministry of Health)
- Remediation of contaminated properties (including working at the behest of WorkSafe NZ)
- Civil engineering and infrastructure projects
Who is FAMANZ for?
occupational hygienists, asbestos removal contractors, environmental consultants, asbestos assessors / surveyors, property managers, demolition contractors, recycling industry operators, disposal contractors, suppliers, and allied industries.
Online Training Resources
IP402 International Proficiency Qualification
Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings
IP403 International Proficiency Qualification
Asbestos Fibre Counting (PCM)
IP405 International Proficiency Qualification
Management of Asbestos in Buildings
Become a FAMANZ sponsor to help make the asbestos industry safer for everyone!
Making a difference across every sector of the asbestos management cycle our sponsorship will help ensure our industry is the safest in the world.